Reserve your campsite, cabin, cottage or yurt online or by calling
The Division of Parks and Recreation has a Central Reservation Service. Although reservations are not required, we strongly recommend that you make one to ensure that accomodations are available. There is no additional expense to make a reservation.
Rservations can be placed for campgrounds, cabins, yurts, the Cottages at Indian River Marina, and Fort Delaware tours.
How to make a Reservation
1: Call toll-free 1-877-98 PARKS (1-877-987-2757)
- Call Center Hours are:
- April 1 - 29: 10am - 8pm Mon. thru Fri., 8am - Noon Sat., Closed Sun.
- April 30 - Sept. 30: 8am - 8pm Mon. thru Fri., 8am - 3pm, Sat. and Sun.
- Oct. 1 - March 31: 10am - 6pm Mon. thru Fri., Closed weekends
Payment by credit card is recommended, although checks are accepted if the reservation is placed more than 15 days prior to arrival date.
The Call Center is closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's Eve and New Year's Day.
2: Make a reservation ONLINE
Online reservations are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. Online reservations may be placed by credit card only.
To make a reservation online, please visit our online reservation system.
General Reservation Information
- Special discounts can only be offered through the Call Center.
- Reservations may be made up to 7 months in advance of arrival date. The reservation window is based on the same date seven months away. The new date begins, for both the Call Center and Online reservations, at the opening time of the Call Center. Therefore, Internet users do not have an earlier "window" than callers.
- Reservations may be made up to the day prior to arrival. For Call Center users, cutoff is close-of-business the day before arrival. For Internet reservations, the cutoff is midnight the day before arrival.
- All family campsites, cabins, camping cabins and yurts can be reserved. All campgrounds are site-specific (you pick a particular site prior to arrival) with the exception of Overflow Camp at Delaware Seashore State Park, which is site general (find the best open site).
- There is a $10 cancellation fee for campsites and a $35 fee for cabins if cancellation occurs prior to 30 days before arrival date. Cancellation within 30 days of arrival results in a charge of one night's camping or cabin fee. Early departures forfeit any remaining balance.
- Please review maps of your destination campground to select possible sites prior to making a reservation.