- Camping and Cottages
- Sports and Leisure Activities
- Nature/History Programs
- School Group Programs
- Indian River Marina
- Museums, Attractions, Brandywine Zoo
- Weddings, Meetings
- General Information
- Resident Curatorships
- Volunteering, Friends'
- Passes and Fees
Reserve your campsite, cabin, cottage or yurt online or by calling
Yurts are available at Lums Pond and Trap Pond State Parks. Yurts are round stationary structures with canvas walls that feature: a single and double bed bunked together, a double bed size futon, an outdoor seating area, and outdoor deck. Yurts are a fun and easy alternative to pitching a tent yourself, but still allow you to experience the rustic feel of camping outdoors. Perfect for the new camper!
- Maximum 5 people per yurt
- Available year-round at Lums Pond
- Available March 1 through November 30 at Trap Pond
- Maximum stay: two consecutive weeks
- Weekend reservations must include both Friday and Saturday nights
- Reservations are accepted up to 7 months prior to the date of arrival.
- Since animals are not allowed in yurts, guests should leave their pets at home.
Parking is located within a short walking distance of the yurts. Cars may not be driven directly to the sites. Handcarts are available for transporting luggage from the parking area to the campsites.
Tents are not permitted on yurt campsites at Trap Pond.
Each yurt has parking space for two vehicles. Additional vehicles must park at the overflow parking lot adjacent to the campground registrar fee booth.
You may erect one tent on the yurt grounds for a maximum capacity of eight people per yurt site.
- Linens: two sets of double size and one set of twin size sheets, blankets, and pillows.
- Cooking supplies: food, cooking and eating utensils, pots and pans, dishes, dish detergent, towels, trash bags.
- Small appliances: toaster, coffee maker, toaster oven.
- Personal items: clothing, toiletries, towels, insect spray, wet weather gear.
- Miscellaneous items: flashlight, matches, binoculars, first aid kit, lawn chairs, 1-3 gallon water container, board or card games, clothesline and pins, cooler and ice, charcoal.
- Fans: during hot weather, fans are advisable and may be used inside yurt.
Cooking inside yurts is not permitted.
- All park and campground rules, regulations, and policies apply to yurt users.
- Quiet time is 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.
- Smoking and pets are prohibited on yurt campsites. Alcohol is prohibited at Lums Pond, but is permitted at Trap Pond yurt sites.
- Visitors are permitted between the hours of 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. Visitors will be charged applicable park entrance fees.
- Renters are responsible for disposing of their trash in the campground dumpster.
- We encourage all visitors to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Yurt furnishings may not be removed. Occupants will be held liable for any damage done to the tent, site or equipment.