General Information about Delaware State Parks
Click to enlarge
The Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation is dedicated to providing a safe and comfortable environment for our visitors. To reduce exposure to second-hand smoke and litter from tobacco use, we ask all
park visitors to refrain from using tobacco in designated tobacco-free zones. Watch for Tobacco-Free Zonesigns like the one on the right when visiting our parks. Smoking or other tobacco use in these areas is a violation of our rules and is subject to fines or other penalties.
You may not use tobacco products:
- Inside public buildings, such as nature centers, park offices, restrooms and bath houses
- Inside park rental units, such as cottages, cabins and yurts
- At outdoor gathering areas, including bandshells, amphitheaters, athletic stadiums and fields, swimming pools, playgrounds, fishing piers, boardwalks and concession areas
- On the grounds of the Brandywine Zoo and Fort Delaware State Park
- At residential and primitive youth camp facilities, including temporary camporee sites
- During public programs and demonstrations presented by Delaware State Parks staff and volunteers
- At swimming beaches and general picnic areas
- During a burning ban designated by the State Fire Marshall, in all areas and facilities covered by the ban
For more information about our smoking policy, please call (302) 739-9220. With your help, we’re saving a healthy place for you!