Delaware State Parks
Contact: Kris Knutsen (302) 632-0396
2017 Ocean Lifeguard Tryouts
Saturday, March 18
Sunday, April 2
Saturday, April 8
Saturday, April 29
8 a.m. start time - arrive early and prepared to swim
About tryouts, and what to bring
Carl Freeman Pool & Fitness Center
38994 Westway Dr.
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Call or email to reserve your space:
Phone:(302) 539-4511 Email: Kris.Knutsen@state.de.us
Ocean rescue is a demanding job, and our experienced staff will prepare you to meet every challenge. Plus you'll be eligible for a Wilmington University scholarship!
Attention, Business Owners!
Support the Delaware State Parks Beach Patrol Program AND promote your business on Delaware State Parks beaches!
• Prime beach locations:
Cape Henlopen, Delaware Seashore, and Fenwick Island
• Competitive Salary: $13.00/hour
• Nationally Recognized USLA Training Standards
• Physical Fitness Strengthening
• Participation in Ocean Lifeguard Competitions
• Beach housing (limited availability)
As a United States Lifesaving Association (USLA) Advanced Certified Agency, we offer the following paid training:
- Delaware State Parks Ocean Rescue Training DOT — First Responder Training CPR/AED/First Aid Training
- Helicopter — Open Water Rescue Program
- Sussex County EMS — Medic Assistant Training