Delaware State Parks
Contact: Kris Knutsen (302) 632-0396
2017 Ocean Lifeguard Tryouts
Tryouts for 2017 lifeguards for Delaware's state park beaches will take place in late winter and early spring.
Attention, Business Owners!
Support the Delaware State Parks Beach Patrol Program AND promote your business on Delaware State Parks beaches!
Ocean rescue is a demanding job, and our experienced staff will prepare you to meet every challenge.
• Prime beach locations:
Cape Henlopen, Delaware Seashore, and Fenwick Island
• Competitive Salary: $13.00/hour
• Nationally Recognized USLA Training Standards
• Physical Fitness Strengthening
• Participation in Ocean Lifeguard Competitions
• Beach housing (limited availability)
As a United States Lifesaving Association (USLA) Advanced Certified Agency, we offer the following paid training:
- Delaware State Parks Ocean Rescue Training DOT — First Responder Training CPR/AED/First Aid Training
- Helicopter — Open Water Rescue Program
- Sussex County EMS — Medic Assistant Training