How To Apply
Contact: Kris Knutsen (302) 632-0396
2017 Ocean Lifeguard Tryouts
Saturdays, March 18,
April 8, April 29
Sunday, April 2
8 a.m. start time - arrive early and prepared to swim
Carl Freeman Pool & Fitness Center
38994 Westway Dr.
Bethany Beach, DE 19930
Walk-ins welcome, but we suggest you contact Kris Knutsen at Kris.Knutsen@state.de.us or (302) 632-0396 to reserve your space.
No experience is necessary, but minimum physical fitness standards and swimming ability are required:
- 550-yard swim within 10 minutes
- 2-mile beach run within 20 minutes
- 30 push-ups within 60 seconds
- 30 sit-ups within 60 seconds
- 100-yard soft sand sprint within 20 seconds
- 25-yard Sprint Swim within 18 seconds
- Minimum Age Requirement: 16
Items to bring to your tryout: Swim suit, towel, sweats, running shoes, contact info for references, driver’s license, social security card, direct deposit info.
If you are interested in applying for the position of Ocean Lifeguard or would like more information about the Delaware State Parks Beach Patrol, please contact Kris Knutsen at Kris.Knutsen@state.de.us or (302) 632-0396.