- Camping and Cottages
- Sports and Leisure Activities
- Nature/History Programs
- School Group Programs
- Indian River Marina
- Museums, Attractions, Brandywine Zoo
- Weddings, Meetings
- General Information
- Resident Curatorships
- Volunteering, Friends'
- Passes and Fees
Please Choose an Activity:
Great Parks Pursuit
Great Parks Pursuit Activities
Below are some of our Great Parks Pursuit activities for 2013.
Download a game sheet and registration form for the complete list, and start earning your prizes!*
- Paddle the weekend away. Take a guided trip or rent a canoe or kayak from Lums Pond, Killens Pond, Trap Pond, Cape Henlopen or Coastal Kayak at Delaware Seashore State Park.
- Pack a healthy picnic and enjoy an evening concert at Bellevue, Wilmington, Killens Pond, Trap Pond or White Clay Creek State Park.
- Attend an aquatic life program (seining or dipnetting) to discover what critters live in our waters.
- Go fishing at any Delaware State Park.
- Attend any campfire program in any Delaware State Park. Don’t forget the marshmallows!
- Visit the Baldycpress Nature Center at Trap Pond and complete the scavenger hunt.
- Explore the night at Delaware State Parks. Participate in any night program such as a Paranormal Tour, Lantern Tour, Owl Prowl or any other evening program.
- Beat the heat and spend a day at the Killens Pond Water Park for a splashing good time!
- Go on a guided tour at Fort Delaware, Fort Miles, or the First State Heritage Park
- Visit three different playgrounds in Delaware State Parks and tell us your favorite one.
- Participate in one or more of the Delaware State Park’s 2013 Adventure Race Series (for ages 8 and up).
- Enjoy a relaxing boat ride on the water by way of pontoon tours, charter boat tours or the ferry to Fort Delaware State Park
*Game sheets are also available in our program guides, available at park offices and nature centers. Some activities may require a fee; the availability of some activities, like hayrides and boating, are limited by season. Please check the website or call the park office for details.