Assists Administration of Park in Park Office, Campground Registrar, and Fee Collection.
Cape Henlopen State Park
Delaware Seashore State Park
Fort Delaware State Park
Killens Pond State Park
Lums Pond State Park
Trap Pond State Park
24 hours per week (or as scheduled), flexible schedule.
Direct supervision by Park Administrator, Superintendent, Assistant or Manager
- Assist with special events
- Answer visitor questions
- Provide appropriate printed materials and directions
- Answer phone, provide information or direct call to appropriate area
- May assist with additional visitor services including:
- Take pavilion reservations
- Register and sell annual passes
- Assist with retail operation, including sales and making change
- May assist with computer operation and data entry
- Assist with other office functions: copying, mailing, etc.
- Work station is indoors, at Park Office.
- Work with Computer Automated Reservation System: reports and data entry
- Register campers on arrival
- Collect fees: Campground and day use fees on weekend
- Use cash register, make change, reconcile moneys daily
- Other duties as assigned and agreed upon.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently without direct supervision
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
- Able to communicate effectively with a diverse public.
- Pleasant and personable. Relates well with people.
- Able to work with money and make change.
- Able to use office machines: copier, Fax, phone, cash register
- Desire and ability to assist visitors and provide general information.
- Able to stand for long periods in fee collection area.
- Performs duties in compliance with Division and Park Customer Service Guidelines and Safety Guidelines.
- Admission to Park
- Park and Division Recognition Program
- Park and staff events
- Special events
- Training Opportunities
The Department of Natural Resources and Environmental Control is committed to affirmative action, equal opportunity, and the diversity of its workforce.