Youth Conservation Corps
Team Leaders – Park Resource Keepers: New Castle, Kent, or Sussex County
Every team needs a dedicated, positive, dependable leader. Youth Conservation Corps (YCC) Team Leaders lead a team of YCC members conducting conservation and trail projects throughout state parks within the team’s region. Leaders will coordinate activities with YCC Program Manager and work alongside professional staff of Conservation Technicians, Field Biologists and Environmental Stewardship team members. Each leader will be responsible for on-site coordination of field projects, transporting their team to various worksites, motivating team members, and taking advantage of “teachable moments”! Those selected will complete a three week training with Delaware State Parks’ professional staff including First Aid/CPR, Worksite Hazards and Safety, Becoming an Effective Leader, Positive Behavior Management, and Field Training in invasive species identification and removal.
Three (3) positions: One in New Castle County, one in Kent County, and one in Sussex County.
Summer Youth Employment position for young people aged 20-26 years of age with Delaware State Parks
All positions are casual/seasonal positions working 29.75 hours per week May 29 – August 18, 2017.
• Must be 20 – 26 years of age
• Must be able to attend team leader training beginning May 29, 2017.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record required
• Must be able to work flexible hours, including some weekends
• Ability to perform hard physical outdoor work in various conditions
• Independent and responsible leader, able to lead and motivate others.
• Ability to learn local flora and fauna
• Good communication skills
• Ability to learn and apply program rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Appreciation and understanding of natural, cultural, historical resources/ parks and recreation.
• Working outdoors!
• Hourly wage of $12.00 for a maximum of 29.75 hours per week
• Various training opportunities with professional staff
• As a seasonal position, no other benefits are provided
• Direct deposit of paychecks will be required as a condition of employment