Apply Now for our Campground Host program
We are now accepting applications for the 2022 campground host program.
Please visit our COVID Information page for important information and updates on COVID-19 and our Internship program.
Volunteer Hosting Program
Individuals and couples agree to volunteer for a specified number of hours and period of time in one of six Volunteer Host Positions. As one of the many benefits, these volunteers receive a free campsite during their stay. Also, CIMA Volunteer Accident and Liability Insurance is provided by the Friends of Killens Pond State Park. For more information, visit the Delaware State Parks Volunteer Code Although not park employees, Volunteer Hosts are vital to the operation of Delaware State Parks and are regarded as partners and team members.
- Campsite with renewable agreement (See amenities at sites)
- Flexible Scheduling
- Admission to all Delaware State Parks while hosting
- Park and staff events
- Special events
- 15% Discount on merchandise purchases
- Opportunity to expand knowledge of historical, wildlife and environment of Delaware.
- Volunteer Hosts must supply their own camping equipment.
- Minimum Stay: 2 months during shoulder seasons (Prior to June, after August); 3 months in Prime Season (June - August).
- Renewable agreements every 2 or 3 months under which Hosts work.
- 24 volunteer hours per week for each person on the campsite or 30 volunteer hours per week for individuals during peak season, or as scheduled with the park.
- Background and Driving Record checks performed for all Hosts.
- Signed Application forms and Agreements must be on-hand prior to beginning duties.
- Hosts must adhere to Delaware State Park Rules and Regulations.