Surf Tag Sales
Your next opportunity to purchase a surf-fishing permit will be in late May, when DNREC launches an off-peak surf-fishing permit pilot program.
New Pilot Program: Off-Peak Permit Sales
In addition to the limited voucher-issued surf-fishing permits, DNREC will launch an off-peak surf-fishing permit pilot program starting the end of May. This program will allow the Division to determine whether allowing an off-peak permit would be beneficial to surf fisherman and the public while still maintaining the overall resource management goals that led to the cap being put in place.
- These permits allow anglers to drive-on surf fish Monday through Friday only from June 1 through September 3. All holiday access is excluded. From Tuesday, September 7 through December 31, the off-peak permit may be used seven days a week.
- The off-peak permit fee for Delaware residents is $70; the fee for out-of-state residents is $140.
- Delaware residents 62 and older will receive a discounted rate of $60.
- Off-peak permits will be available for sale in late May and may be purchased online and in state park offices.
- At this time, there is not an established cap on the off-peak pilot program.
- If you already purchased a regular surf permit this year, you will not be allowed to trade it in for the discounted off-peak pass.