2024 Delaware Surf Fishing Permits
The following are key details for 2024 Delaware Surf Fishing Permits:
No Sales Cap for Surf Fishing Permits
- There will no longer be an annual surf fishing permit sales cap of 17,000 and you can buy your 2024 Annual, Two-Year Surf and Off-Peak Surf Fishing Permit anytime during the year at Passes, Tags, and Fees.
Required Viewing of Surf Fishing Video
- All surf fishing permit holders will be required to view an instructional surf fishing video prior to driving onto Delaware State Park surf fishing beaches.
Reservation System for Drive-on Surf Fishing Beach Access During Peak Time Periods
- A peak-time daily reservation system was implemented in 2023 to create a fair and straightforward way to manage capacity on our natural resources. During peak weekends and holidays, reservations are required at all Delaware drive-on multi-use state park beaches.
- The reservation system manages the number of vehicles on each Delaware State Park multi-use drive-on beach during peak time periods, specifically on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays starting Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., for annual and two-year surf fishing permit holders. This is a total of 34 days.
- Annual and two-year surf fishing permit holders, including resident, senior resident, senior non-resident, non-resident and Delaware firefighter/EMT permit holders, must make a reservation for drive on access to the beach from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. during peak periods. The reservation fee is $4 per booking. During peak periods, surf permits are not valid without a reservation. Reservations are not required before 8 a.m. or after 4 p.m.
- Off-peak permit holders are not permitted on weekends and holidays beginning May 25 through Sept 2. Reservation not valid for off-peak permits.
- To place a peak-time daily reservation, the surf permit number, make and model of the vehicle, and license plate number will be required.
- One reservation will be allowed per surf fishing permit number per day. This will allow one person to make reservations for multiple vehicles together per day.
- For Annual and Two-Year Surf Fishing Permits, peak-season reservations will be available online via desktop and mobile 24 hours a day once the reservation window opens. During peak-season, a reservation can also be made by calling 1-800-499-8221 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Tuesdays through Fridays, and from 8 a.m. to noon on weekends and holidays. Reservations cannot be made in person at state parks or at the DNREC Central Office in Dover.
- Peak-time daily reservations will open weekly for the upcoming weekend only. Reservations will be first-come, first-served.
Reservation window will be as follows for peak periods:
|Reservations Open On:
|Tuesday at 11 a.m.
|Wednesday at 11 a.m.
|Remaining Saturday reservations available.
|Thursday at 11 a.m.
|Remaining Saturday & Sunday reservations available.
NOTE: Advanced reservations cannot be made beyond the upcoming weekend.
The reservation system will open for reservations beginning Tuesday, May 21 for reservations starting on May 25 and continue through peak season ending on Labor Day.
Additional resources available in February 2024.